Eastern Washington University Athletics does all it can to reach out to the community. By volunteering and giving back to Cheney and the surrounding populations, EWU student-athletes gain valuable leadership skills while also providing a positive influence on members of the community. Below is a list of various community service efforts from the 2014-15 academic year. Lists of community service efforts from previous years are available in the archives section at the bottom of the page.
Eagle Week 2015
- Student-athletes spent time speaking to local middle schools and high schools about their experiences at Eastern. | Photo Gallery (Apr. 20-24, 2015)
- Members of the the Eastern Washington Eagles football team dedicated time to give blood at an event held at Windsor Crossing. | Photo Gallery (Feb. 16, 2015)
- In addition to giving blood and Windsor Crossing, the Eastern Washington University Football team took the time to assist at the Boys and Girls Club, participating in various activities like basketball, soccer, ping pong, pool, and football. | Photo Gallery (Mar. 5, 2015)
- The Eastern Washington University football team also volunteered at Snowdon Elementary, a local school in Cheney, helping children with their math and playing various games with the young kids. | Photo Gallery (Mar. 5, 2015)
- Members of the Eastern Washington women's golf team spent the day working with the Cheney School District and Snowdon Elementary for their annual Scholastic Book Fair and Jump Rope for Heart event. The book fair helped raise funds for the Cheney S.D. in order to purchase new books for the district's libraries while the student-athletes helped run activity stations for almost 200 grade school children taking part in the Jump Rope for Heart event. | Photo Gallery (Nov. 21, 2014)
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
The following community service activities were organized by Eastern Washington University's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, and involve all EWU athletic teams. SAAC is a committee made up of student-athletes that aims at enhancing the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image.